Terms & Conditions
Version 1.1, Updated 11 May 2020
These terms and conditions were written by SkimSec® Inc. 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes DE 19958.
1. Shipping and Returns
You can return your purchase within 14 days from the day you received the product. In your message to SkimSec it should clearly state that you want to return the product(s). We will reply to you with instructions on how to send your product(s) to us. You will be responsible for shipping costs unless the product is defect. We will refund the entire purchase price within 14 days after we have received the product(s). The return policy is not valid if the product(s) or the package has been damaged.
Our products are delivered directly to you within 5 working days from the date of order.
The SkimSure® card has a lifespan of 3 years. SkimSec Inc. can not guarantee that the customer will not be subject to any type of fraud such as bank, debit or credit card fraud. SkimSec® does not protect against skimming through card readers e.g. at gas stations, ATMs or payment terminals in stores. SkimSec Inc. is not responsible for any possible damage caused by bank card fraud or other fraudulent activities. SkimSec Inc.’s damage settlement is limited to the price of the customer’s purchased product(s). The SkimSure® card has a lifespan of 3 years. SkimSec Inc. can not guarantee that the customer will not be subject to any type of fraud such as bank, debit or credit card fraud. SkimSec® does not protect against skimming through card readers e.g. at gas stations, ATMs or payment terminals in stores. SkimSec Inc. is not responsible for any possible damage caused by bank card fraud or other fraudulent activities. SkimSec Inc.’s damage settlement is limited to the price of the customer’s purchased product(s). The SkimSure Card has a limited warranty of 1 year that covers manufacturing faults and an extended limited warranty if the product is registered. If you register your card at skimsure.com you automatically receive our extended limited warranty. The extended limited warranty entitles you to a free replacement of your SkimSure card in case you lose your SkimSure card within 1-year from your purchase.
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
What personal data do we collect and when?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, participate in our events or contests.
This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address;
- purchase history;
We collect additional personal data from you to enable particular features within our Platform. For example, we request the serial number to purchased products when registering your product to enjoy our extended limited warranty.
When interacting with our Platforms, certain data is automatically collected from your device or web browser, as further described below in the section titled “Cookies and Pixel Tags.” This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, web beacons, tags, and interactions with our Platform.
To communicate information about our products, services, events and for other promotional purposes
If you are an existing customer of SkimSec (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar SkimSec products or services, where permitted by applicable law.
We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from other companies to personalize communications and advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you.
To operate, improve and maintain our business, products and services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Platform.
To protect our or others’ rights, property or safety
Sharing of your personal data
SkimSec shares your personal data with:
- SkimSec entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above
- Service providers processing personal data (including the personal data noted in the “What Personal Information Do We Collect and When” section) for business purposes on SkimSec’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.
- To any other third party that SkimSec has a partnership with.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
Protection and Management of your personal data
- Security:We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures, including authentication tools and access restrictions in certain circumstances, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
- Retention of your personal data:We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this policy, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Managing your personal data:You may have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data; (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances as provided by applicable law. We will not discriminate against you for the exercise of these rights.
Cookies and pixel tags
SkimSec collects information, which may include personal data, when you use our Platform. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Platform such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.